Proposed Bylaw Changes
Over the course of the last few weeks, the Executive Board of the Leonardtown High School Band Boosters have taken on the task to update the bylaws of the organization. The major items that are proposed are as follows:
- Eliminate redundancy and/or contradictions with the document.
- Provide clear membership/voting requirements and a way for other supporters to become non-voting members.
- Eliminate the need for separate Board and General Assembly meetings and reduce the burden on the Executive Board to have 8 meetings instead of 24 (12 Board and 12 General Assembly) meetings a year.
- Ensure the General Assembly has a say in large contract obligations/commitments.
- Clarify duties and responsibilities of each member of the Executive Board.
The proposed updates are set to be voted on at the next General Assembly Meeting, scheduled for Tuesday May 9 at 6:00 PM, in the Band Room at Leonardtown High School.
Proposed changes to existing bylaws
New Bylaws if all changes are accepted
If you have questions prior to the meeting, please e-mail the Executive Board. Contact information can be found on the contacts page.
President, Leonardtown High School Band Boosters
Make a Donation to the LHS Band Boosters via PayPal
Leonardtown High School Band Boosters Inc is 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which makes all donations to us tax deductible (please consult your tax advisor).