- This event has passed.
Marching Band Rehearsal (4-6 PM)–Woodwinds, Brass, and Color Guard ONLY
October 22, 2020 @ 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT
Rehearsals and performances are mandatory for students. Should any conflicts arise, please contact the Band Director directly. Contact information can be found on the contacts page.
Also, it is imperative and an expectation that we continue to follow all CDC guidelines. With that being said, I ask that you please review the following so as to ensure that we keep you as safe and as healthy as possible:
- Rehearsals will occur outdoors in the bus loop as students and parents are not yet permitted to enter the building.
- Please come prepared with a mask as you will be asked to wear one when you are not engaged in vigorous physical activity.
- Please take note of the time you arrive at school as I am going to need that information in order to complete your attendance for the day.
- All participants must be mindful of social distancing and allot for six (6) or more feet of distance between each other.
- Do NOT, under any circumstances, enter another rehearsal space other than the one that has been designated for you and your section.
- Do NOT, under any circumstances, engage in any physical contact, including handshakes, hugging, and fist bumps, with another student.
- Do NOT, under any circumstances, share food; drinks; or any woodwind, brass, percussion, or color guard equipment with another student.
- You must come prepared with your own water and cooling devices as communal watering stations and cooling devices are not permitted.
- Do NOT, under any circumstances, spit or empty condensation anywhere other than your designated rehearsal space.
- Please wash your gloves, towels, etc. after each rehearsal.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided, though I recommend keeping a personal supply handy.
- The outdoor bathrooms closest to the stadium will be made available to you if and when the need to use those facilities arise.
- Please be advised that you must wash and/or sanitize your hands before leaving and returning to your designated rehearsal space.
- Inclement weather and/or heat advisories will result in cancellation as we will not be permitted to move indoors.
- Do NOT, under any circumstances, attend rehearsal if you are experiencing or have come into contact with someone experiencing symptoms that are characteristic of COVID-19.
- If you experienced symptoms AFTER attending rehearsal, please notify me immediately.
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 within and throughout the ensemble will result in the immediate cancellation of rehearsals until permission to return to school has been granted.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you will not be permitted to return to rehearsal until you (1) have met the CDC’s Criteria to Discontinue Home Isolation and (2) have been cleared for participation by the St. Mary’s County Health Department and/or your primary care physician.
Make a Donation to the LHS Band Boosters via PayPal
Leonardtown High School Band Boosters Inc is 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which makes all donations to us tax deductible (please consult your tax advisor).